Sunday, December 4, 2022

Duke essays

Duke essays

duke essays

Web1/08/ · Required Duke Supplemental Essays – #1 1) What is your sense of Duke as a university and a community, and why do you consider it a good match for you? If there’s Web23/06/ · This is a brand-sparkling-new prompt for this year, so while we can’t proffer a Duke-specific response, this essay for Princeton does an excellent job of addressing a WebHere is an example of one of the best Duke University supplemental essays: A naturalist, second-generation immigrant, and first-generation college student, it was not long ago I



Apply - Duke Undergraduate Admissions



Getting into Duke University is difficult in But you make sure you have your duke essays chances by writing great supplemental essays. In this article, I've gathered 6 essays from admitted Duke students so you can get inspired. Duke University has highly competitive admissions, and this past year over 45, students applied to Duke. Duke had an overall acceptance rate of 4. If Duke is your top choice school, duke essays, then duke essays applying Early Decision. For the Class ofthe acceptance rate for ED admissions was Regardless of if you apply regular or early, admissions to Duke is competitive.


But that only means writing stellar essays matters even more. This year Duke asks applicants to write one required essay of words and two optional essays of words each. We duke essays to emphasize that the following questions are optional. Feel free to answer them if you feel that doing so will add something meaningful that is not already expressed elsewhere in your application. We appreciate how much time it takes to fill out this and your other college applications. If you're serious about getting into Duke, you should definitely answer the second optional prompt. Duke essays everybody has a unique background, and this prompt is another opportunity to show admissions officers why you deserve admission. I've also included an example of a Common App personal statement essay from an admitted Duke student.


Prompt: Duke University seeks a talented, engaged student body that embodies the wide range of duke essays experience; we believe that the diversity of our students duke essays our community stronger. If you'd like to share a perspective you bring or experiences you've had that would help us understand you better, perhaps a community you belong to or your family or cultural background, we encourage you to do so here. Real people are reading your application, and we want to do our best to understand and appreciate the real people applying to Duke. The pitter patter of droplets, the sweet smell that permeates throughout the air, the dark grey clouds that fill the sky, shielding me from the otherwise intense gaze of the sun, duke essays, create a landscape unparalleled by any natural beauty.


I have gazed upon the towering cliffs of Yosemite, stood next to Niagara falls as the duke essays roars, succumbing to the power of gravity, and seen the beaches of Mexico basked in moonlight, yet none of these wonders compares to the simple beauty of an Arizona rainstorm. To me, our rain represents more than humidity and darkness; its rarity gives it beauty. The uncertainty of when the next day of rain will come compels me to slow down, and enjoy the moment. Out of the three realms of time; past, present, and duke essays, the present is the only one we can experience, and I duke essays advantage of every moment I have. So next time it rains, step outside. Close your eyes. Hear the symphony of millions of water droplets.


And enjoy the moment. Prompt: We seek a diverse student body that embodies the wide range of human experience. Ever since I can remember, duke essays, the comforting lullabies my mother sang to me planted a deep seed in my mind. In my dreams, I began a journey for my identity to discover the hidden stories within those songs. Perhaps that's what led me to explore Hindustani music, duke essays. When I face adversity in male-dominated activities, I remember Sita, who fought heroically in revolutionary conflicts hundreds of years ago. This has empowered me to believe in my talents and goals, whether I am doing research or organizing a STEM fair in my community. The character Arjuna, who became one of the best archers, taught me perseverance and a desire to learn from others.


When chosen to fly to Denmark to play badminton with local clubs, I embraced this experience to play among outstanding competitors and to enhance my competitive abilities. As an Asian American, I am reminded by the Indian National Anthem that I am an American and an Indian. I plan to bring my music and stories with me to college. The keyboard in my Duke dorm will ring with strong Hindustani notes. I hope to share with my dorm mates and friends the history of those heroes duke essays the strength I gleam from them every day. Prompt: If you are applying to the Pratt School of Engineering as a first-year applicant, please discuss why you want to study engineering and why you would like to study at Duke.


At Duke I was equally entranced by the articulate movements of 3D printers in the Co-Lab and the stunning Gothic architecture. Instead of forming a dichotomy, these aspects of Duke blended to symbolize its emphasis on interdisciplinary education, which will offer me a nuanced perspective of the world integral to becoming a leader in engineering. By joining the Duke Robotics Club, I can duke essays upon my love for robotics, and I hope to write for the Duke Engineering magazine, as well as join the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers. By drawing from this diverse range of educational experiences, I can become a leader in creating a better future. Common App Prompt 7: Share an essay on any topic of your choice.


It can be one you've already written, one that responds to a different prompt, or one of your own design. The diamond leaves of gnarled oak trees throw duke essays of color onto mounds of frosty duke essays that gleam melancholily under the moonlight. The leaves chime as wind violently rustles them in a haunting melody. I splinter a leaf off its branch and inspect the shard of my illusion, eyes dancing with amusement. I breathe a cloud into the nipping air and half­consciously crunch through a path of snow as it languorously carves its way through the forest.


I walk to the sound of clinking, broken gems as they scratch my ankles, and wonder what circuitry must be alight in my wits to create this particular fantasy. I stumble along in hope of unravelling this enigma, my mind guiding me on its own inclination. The path opens up at last, and I approach a cabin shrouded by thick fog. The door opens duke essays me and I wonder at the foreboding as I sit in a cherry­wood chair and sip a sparkling chartreuse drink. I jerk away, duke essays, duke essays bubbling in my amygdala as I look into the nonexistent eyes of my intruding visitor.


I wordlessly offer the eerie thing some Mountain Dew. I watch as it eagerly chugs the drink, and think, Ah. My mind is definitely acting strangely today. It shakes its head, invigorated with soda. I stare mutely at the absurd being. I wonder at duke essays I will be able to paint it in my waking state. The blob tells me to stop looking at it so suspiciously. I tell it, duke essays, go ahead. Suddenly we are back in the glowing forest, duke essays. Instantly, the leaves turn solid gold, the snow melts, and duke essays wintry world is thrown into a blistering summer. This is perfect, I think. Here I was all this time wandering through my mind, searching for the answer, when now I could ask my brain for it directly, duke essays.


It smiles that wicked smile. It laughs that sinful laugh. Then that insufferable blob wakes me up. As I sit up in the dark and rub my bleary eyes, I am vaguely aware of the deep­set unfulfillment settling itself inside me, duke essays. I yawn and plop back into bed, duke essays, the soft red glow of my alarm clock indicating that it is still before midnight. Common App Prompt 5: Discuss an accomplishment, duke essays, event, or realization that sparked a period of personal growth and a new understanding of yourself or others. It was a crisp fall morning. In the distance, the outlines of trees resembled people, duke essays.


Some were tall, slender, duke essays bodies; some with sparse green-yellow clothes, some naked, some with arms spread, some folded, some heads straight, duke essays, and some hidden. I got out of the bed, stepped outside, and to my amazement, discovered these beautiful sticks laying in the grass. To most, duke essays, they are just sticks, but to me, duke essays, they were pieces of art. As I went to pick one of the sticks up, I recognized the brilliance of this simple object that had fallen from those beautiful people-like trees.


This small yet remarkable brown stick that fell from the branches of the tree was part of nature's way to renew life for the coming spring. On that brisk fall day, I picked up every stick that fell in the small backyard of my house and brought them inside, duke essays. My mother was annoyed and immediately asked why I was bringing garbage into the house. But that didn't stop me. I had an idea, and I knew these sticks that she saw as garbage could be turned into something beautiful. I took those sticks into my room and placed them on my desk. I then took a small brush to gently remove the dirt and some of the bark that had started to decay.


They were even more beautiful than I had first imagined. The next day, I asked my father to pick up a 3x4 shadow box frame at the local store and waited in anticipation until he arrived home. When I got that frame in my hands, duke essays, I immediately started working on duke essays computer desk, which I turned into a makeshift studio. As I carefully observed, duke essays, no two sticks were alike, even though some fell duke essays the same tree. The vivid image detailing the randomness of nature was sitting on my table.


As I put sticks together in different patterns, I saw duke essays shapes and I quickly recognized that I could use nature to create art. I opened the frame and began assembling the sticks in patterns that made sense to me. I closed the back of the frame, locked it, and felt my heart pumping to turn it over and see what Duke essays created. When I did it was beautiful! I had taken something that would typically be discarded and turned it into something worthy of being displayed on a wall — I had created art. That first piece of art still sits next to my bed, though I have created more shadow-box stick art since then. Some have been given as gifts to friends, but more importantly, some have been sold for a loftier goal.




Reading the Essays That Got Me Into Duke University

, time: 6:28





6 Duke Supplemental Essays That Worked for


duke essays

WebBoth the Transfer Common Application and the Coalition Application include a one-page personal essay as well as short essay questions specific to Duke. The transfer Web18/09/ · Summary: Writing a Great Why Duke Essay. The Why Duke essay is a key part of your Duke application since it lets the school know why you want to go to Duke, WebHere is an example of one of the best Duke University supplemental essays: A naturalist, second-generation immigrant, and first-generation college student, it was not long ago I

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good essay conclusions

Good essay conclusions WebYour conclusion should also refer back to your introduction, summarize three main points of your essay and wrap it...

Total Pageviews